Saturday, July 24, 2010

GOALS

One thing about bodybuilding is you need to stay on top of your goals. This past Thursday I surpassed a goal. I actually had a fantasy lift. Somehow, through eating, training and the proper mindset (on that day) I cranked out two sets of 90 pound preacher curls. Sadly this came with a bit of an elbow strain but it was nothing Ice could not take of. (And some TLC from barb).

I have been thinking a lot about goals so I thought it would be best to write some of them down.

My first goal was to get to 150 pounds by July. In the last month I gained almost four pounds. I conquered that goal. I'm very pleased about that.

My next set of goals is as follows:
I want to get my weight up to 160 by January 2011.

I want to increase by flat dumbbell bench press to 170 pounds. (Currently I'm using eighty pound dumbbells on a flat bench) I would like to be using 85 pound dumbbells by the second week of September.

I would like to feel comfortable doing 90 pound preacher curls by the second week of September. I will be increasing my current preacher curl weight (currently at 85) pounds in small increments starting next week.

I also need to set a goal for my dead-lifts but I'm not sure where I'm at on that.

Last but not least I would like to be able to do an 800 pound leg press with ease by December. Currently I'm up to 755.

These goals along with eating and having a proper mindset should get me to where I want to be.

Without goals how can we move forward?
I could use your help with all this. Any support is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment