Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just Say NO!

It's a hot Sunday and my wife and I are back from working legs at the gym. This was an excellent workout but it was tough and yes it's hot out.
After doing leg presses and Deadlifts I really could have just gone home, not that my wife would have let me but I was feeling tired. One of the things that popped into my mind to energize me was Ric Draisen's webisode where he was talking about choices and just saying no. I think that a third of bodybuilding is actually saying no. No I wont go home because It's really hot in the gym, no I wont go home early because those Deadlifts kicked my ass, no I wont eat fast food because I'm hungry now, no I wont reach for soda when I can get water and no I wont skip a meal because I'm tired.

When I talk about physical fitness and commitment too often people just say they don't have the time. When did it become acceptable to not take the time to take care of yourself. If you don't take care of yourself how can you take care of others.

Just say no to the voices that say you cant, just shut those voices down and lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment