Saturday, September 11, 2010

REST IS IN MY FUTURE.......SORT OF

2010 has been the year where I have taken weight lifting to new levels. I'm pretty sure I expressed that in past posts. This has been the year where I went for it all and hit the supplements too and I have had wonderful results but this has also been the year where I have backed off of my traditional rest weeks. I normally take a rest week the week of Christmas but I didn't do that and I normally take a rest week sometime in August. The reason I didn't do a rest week in August was because I knew we were going away in September. Right now we are eleven days out from hitting the road and going to Las Vegas for the Mr. Olympia weekend and contest. This also means that a much deserved rest week is on the way. My right shoulder has been yelling at me and my left elbow has a bit of an attitude too. I think this rest will shut them up for a long time. My original plan was to work out all next week and then start the rest week on Monday the 20th. We fly out on the 22nd and return the 27th. That would be eight days rest and then I would also hit the gym hard on Tuesday the 28th. But now I'm thinking of starting my rest week Saturday the 18th. I think the extra rest would do me very well and of course when your muscles are resting it gives them a chance to fully heal and grow. I'm strongly thinking that ten days of well deserved rest is the way to go. I also know that my workouts when I return will be hardcore. I'll be energized from Olympia and on Tuesday the 28th I start using Universal Nutrition's Animal Test.

So rest is in my future and so is the vacation of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment